Wednesday 5 October 2011

Tatty's Tips: Wednesday 5th October 2011

We have jump action at Towcester and Ludlow today, while the flat season continues at Nottingham and this evening at Kempton Park. There is also a flat card at Navan in Ireland, but because of its enormous sized cards, I have left it well alone.

I used to love going to Towcester with its impressive gate at the entrance (image below). It got me thinking as to how long ago it was when I last ventured over there (is not that far from my home). I remember it was the day the Queen Mother passed away as the story broke on the radio while I was driving home. Upon checking on the net, I found that it was way back in March 2002 - I really must make a point of visiting there again soon.
Entrance to Towcester Racecourse (image by Tristan Forward)

Today's racing fare is not particularly inspiring to be honest, but I have listed a few below to keep an eye on.

LUDLOW
3.10 COOTEHILL
3.40 GREAT MATES
NOTTINGHAM
4.00 AUDEMAR
4.30 MCBIRNEY
TOWCESTER
3.20 PHEONIX EYE
4.50 KELTIC LORD
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Old lad KELTIC LORD (Towc 4.50), now 15 years young, has been finding things a bit tough of late, but in his day was pretty decent and in fact reached the frame only as far back as May. You never know, there may be life in the old boy yet.

GREAT MATES (Ludlow 3.50) was previously trained by Paul Nicholls and Sophie Leech. Now having his 1st trot for David Pipe, it will be interesting to see if he maintains his old enthusiasm for the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment