Tuesday 16 August 2011

Robbie Keane Flies the Nest and Modification of the Grand National Course

I know this blog is supposed to revolve around the subjects of horse racing and non-league football and I will go on to the subject of the nags in a moment (I promise), but occasionally I like to drift off topic a little and have a rant about something else (OK, quite often then).

The illustrious Mr Keane
I read today that Tottenham Hotspur and Republic of Ireland striker Robbie Keane, has decided to cross the water and join Mr Beckham at LA Galaxy. Is this an admission that he is past it and cannot cope with the rigours of Premier League football anymore? Or maybe has he become a mercenary to the US dollar?

Probably both if the truth be known.

OK, back to the subject at hand. After the dreadful scenes at this year's at Aintree Grand National, the powers that be have announced some modifications to be in place in time for next years race.
For full details, have a look at my article (link below)


Do you have an opinion on the race? Are the fences too stiff and does anyone involved in National Hunt racing really care about the distress the horses may suffer and even the deaths of horses? I'd love to know your opinion.

Tatty is now off to study the form.

No comments:

Post a Comment