Friday 17 June 2011

Coarse Fishing Season Opens Up

You find Tatty in quite a good humour for once. No grumbling or grouching from me at the moment (well not much anyway). 

And the reason is.....

The UK coarse fishing season has started up and the rivers are open again.

OK, I am fully aware that there is no close season on most stillwaters in this country anymore and I have had the odd day or two on the bank in the last 3 months (during the close season), but nothing can beat sitting by the river, rod in hand, trotting a stick float through a swim, hoping that a large Chub, or even better, a barbel will pounce.

A sweet little perch, caught on the River Ivel
I am very lucky living here in Central Bedfordshire. This area is not known as big fish country for nothing you know. The River Great Ouse and the River Ivel both flow through close to my home, giving me some of the best sport available in the whole country.

The Ivel is particularly close to my heart and for fishing information, why not have a look at the Ivel Protection Association website.

Writing News

Over the last week or so, I have been researching and writing some articles for Suite101.com about various British Comedy Giants. A couple are now complete and are available to read by clicking on the titles below:-

British Comedy Giants: 

Please let me know what you think and some ideas for other comics to feature would be very acceptable.

I am currently researching another piece on Charlie Drake, soon to be followed by Will Hay.

 Last Word on the Villa Debacle

I hear on the radio tonight that the Villa are to appoint Alex McLeish as their new manager sometime on Friday morning. As you are aware I have little (or no) time for the  Villa, but this surely is a mistake. The fans will hate him and the style of football he gets his teams to play, will not go down well there.

Royal Ascot

Let's go back to the good old days when I used to operate a daily racing bulletin. 4th day of Royal Ascot today and I like the look of Eternal Heart in the Queen's Vase. Mark Johnson's filly has won well previously at Sandown and Musselburgh and comes here in good heart. Only thing that worries me is that idiot Joe Fanning in the saddle, but let's hope he's only needed to sit on top and lets her get on with the intelligent bit.

ROYAL ASCOT 5.00 ETERNAL HEART


OK, that's all for this bulletin.

Tatty has turned off the lapdog!


No comments:

Post a Comment