Thursday 27 January 2011

Hope to be Psychoed in Thurles

G’day mateys,

We had another reasonably decent day on Wednesday. Due to not having the time to do it justice, I only suggested 1 horse and that was for each way punting. Just as well, as CROSS KENNON trotted in 4 lengths adrift of Mr. Moonshine, but at least he secured us a little bit of place money.

Today we have action over the sticks at Ffos Las, Warwick and Thurles across the water in Ireland. The all-weather flat racing takes place at Southwell and Kempton. There is also more of the middle-eastern carnival stuff at Meydan (not for me thank you very much).

There are a couple of nags I like the look of, both running within 5 minutes of each other. These are as follows:-

Thurles 3.20 –  6 year old plus, handicap chase with 10 declared runners. I watched PSYCHO win here 3 weeks ago with a big smile on my face as I had a few pennies riding with him. OK, I grant you he is going up in grade a little, but I fancy him to pull it off and triumph again.

Warwick 3.25 – A nice, juicy handicap hurdle to get your teeth into with 15 declared combatants. Quite a number in with a shout, but my flag will be nailed to the mast of VIVARINI. He should be fighting fit after running over a mile and a half on the all-weather at Lingfield a week ago and not disgracing himself.  The booking of Choc Thornton in the saddle does stand out. I forecast him to be in the region of 10/1 so maybe go for an each way punt again. Full Of Joy will be all the rage, but with 12lbs extra lumped on top from last time, I have my doubts. Broughton’s Green is perfectly capable of doing well, but has been off the course for the best part of a year and really needs watching this time.

PSYCHO Thurles 3.20 unplaced
VIVARINI Warwick 3.25 (each way) fell
Not one of our most memorable days. Psycho lost touch about 4 fences out and Vivarini fell 3 out - Race won by a 25/1 shot, followed in by sp's of 14/1 and 33/1

I hope you have a successful punting day and look forward to writing more soonish. 

The Chairman

No comments:

Post a Comment